Monday, December 1, 2008

Results are out

Well the wait is finally over; the agonizing torment of supposedly sleepless nights for many has now been silenced and satiated. I guess i wasn't one of those people, for my sleep was excellent and gewd, as per normal :P. Days came and went without so much as a fleeting thought about my results, and i was already thinking about the worst, so why the hell should i bother. This was specifically down to two main reasons: 1) was fucked up pretty bad last semester by the one who i thought i really loved, and 2) am a lazy SOB anyways, so if its bad, then i get what i deserve. Though i do admit that there was a sense of excitement and curiosity to it all. I for one am not a staunch believer of grades in proportion of effort. I just get the feeling that it all boils down to one thing: pure luck and divine powers. (Well at least for me anyhows. haha..) So results have always been like a gift from someone. Its so random that the excitement itself is too much for words to describe.



So i keyed in my matrix number and my pin, and while the page was loading, got into a tussle with my bro, and tried shooing him off; for this special moment was to be mine and mine alone. lol. Alas, i saw his face of eagerness to see my results and possibly get a chance to laugh at my appalling grades (which he hasnt got to do for a veeeeery long time i must add :P). But when it finished loading, LO AND BEHOLD.. It wasnt as bad as i thought. Well it was bad for me (anything under deans list is bad.. sigh) and still i was hoping for some laughs and jeering from that Phillistine, but yet, all i heard was.. SILENCE.. Amazing. He didnt utter any bad or ruthless words, and was sitting beside me, transfixed at the screen. So one fire avoided there..:D



Next surprise was from my dad. I called him to tell him the bad news, and was hoping to get a bit of an earful (my dad doesnt really care about my grades. He asks, i tell, a few words, and finito.:P so if its good he will be like 'very good', and if its bad he will be like 'it must be coz of this...' before reverting to the usual 'oh well. its ok') so i called him, ears prepped up for abuse, and all he gave was 'oh, not too bad' coz he thought i would have scored worse considering the abovementioned 2 fucking factors. But in truth it wasnt too bad, and im glad i didnt disappoint anyone in the process.



Anyways there is a lesson to be learnt from this. Follow my mantra 'hope for the worst, so that anything better will come as a surprise..' it came in handy for me in countless situations, and im sure as hell it will come in handy for you, my dear readers..:P Anyways, have a great day, like what i am having, and enjoy yourselves. FB out..



EzzE

No comments: