Saturday, November 22, 2008

The end of a chapter, The start of a new one..

The memories...




I do have to say that these past few days have been very very tiring. Had my hands tied from blogging coz they were too busy doing lots of other stuff (arrgh the agony!!). Finally after years of renting our apartment (which was infested with termites. and cockroaches. and ants. and every other creepy crawlie imaginable.. ugh.), we were given the keys to our new house! And after a spot of home improvement, i must say it looks utterly splendid!!


It all started a few days back when the plans to move were suddenly set into motion. Me being shocked at the rather impromptu plans, started panicking and began rummaging through my stuff, finding objects an little trinkets that i treasure most to bring along first, before gradually moving on to the less important stuff. I must say that i held the bed under such low esteem that i decided not to bring it first (an act which i regretted till now, having to roll around on the floor.. sigh.) the fascinating thing about moving is that you will be reunited with lotsa things u treasure, and that u thought were completely gone or lost, hiding under the most unassuming places and crevices (or crevasses? crap my english is deteriorating by the day!).



Its quite thrilling to begin a new phase of life, one with a proper sense of security an permanence, as compared to the feeling of temporariness we felt while living in a rented residence. The possibilities are endless, and so are the responsibilities involved in making ends meet. The fact that a new phase of life begins also makes me rather sad and down while thinking about the house that i used to live in.



The previous house was a small, and rather cozy condominium located within a stones throw from KL itself. It had 2 rooms and a hall, and its kitchen was partly attached to the hall (a design flaw which meant that every single time we cooked, the whole hall would be covered in dirt and grime). I still clearly remember the first time i set foot in that house from singapore, and i felt utterly betrayed by my dad, as by my standards, the house looked and felt like shit. On the first day my bro and i had a fight with my dad on the pure shittiness of that place, and cried ourselves to sleep. Initially it was so full of cockroaches i felt like i was being watched every time (try to imagine me singing 'Somebodys watching me by Michael Jackson!). But eventually the sheer coziness of the house began to grow on me, and i was won over by its charms. It is a cute and adorable little house that really served its purpose well. Though we kinda ruined it before we left, i do hope it will get a thorough makeover by the landlord to make it hospitable for the next tenant.



The one thing i love the most about the charming little condo was this: the rooftop. Its something i treasure till today, and a place i wouldnt mind visiting again and again, even after i have moved out. Its perhaps the thing i shall miss the most from that place. I remembered constantly going there just to release the bad chi from my body, coz the feng shui spot was perfect. Haha.. it was a place i spent lonely and depressing nights (usually after rejections, of which were many :P) just lying down and looking at the stars, and staring at the bright lights of the city, hoping and wishing that in the future i shall make it big and leave a lasting impact there that would benefit many. Thats one of my long term goals, and something i pray that i have the rezeki to achieve later on in life. The rooftop brought me many insightful moments on my reflections of my past, present and future life, and i owe quite a bit of my development to it (yes i know it sounds bloody weird, but if i do take any of u skeptics to that place, im sure u too will be won over by its charms! so now hush and dont ruin the effect! :P) All in all the house served me well and i shall miss it terribly. I actually hope to buy a unit there n rent it out in the future, just for the sake of it.:)


Now moving on to the new house, its a town house. It really is a huge step up from the old apartment which was only 2 rooms. This new one has 4 rooms, and 3 and a half levels. Its cosily situated in Kemensah, and actually has a resort-style kinda living to it, coz its so relaxing and kewl! Its been an awesome few days, albeit not as comfy coz of my sweet bed being left at home. Spent the past few days painting the house, and bonding with its eccentricities. The only bad thing i guess is that it is too big. A double edged sword. Though i appreciate the spaciousness, it is a bit too big for a family of 3. So i feel a sense of impending sadness coz i wont be able to be as close to my family as i used to. Sigh. I guess we shall have to wait and see how everything goes before i actually make my final verdict on how things are.


During the moving process, i do realise a few things: one, moving itself is fucking tiring. It saps all the energy out of any living being involved in it. And second, moving is an emotionally taxing experience. It can make and break relations between family members, as evidently seen in my situation. I wont divulge in the details for i'd rather make it private-ish, but lets just say that there were some ugly and potentially disastrous moments where patience was at an all time thin. But im happy to say, that things are mending, and it will all be ok in due course. As the saying goes, time will heal all wounds, though the scars might remain. But im trying to be a half full kinda person as opposed to a half empty kinda guy, so at least the wounds are healed, i dont give a fuck about the scars. besides, scars on a guy is a kinda macho statement, if i do say so myself.:P


Anyways here's to a comfortable life at my new house, and i do hope readers and follower(s) of my blog can give me a silent prayer that this home will be da bomb, and that my familial ties will be stronger. And once all things r prepped and ready, i guess this home can finally accept visitors after years of solitude!! looking forward to an open house when i can invite my close friends to come and makan2!! :D FB out..


EzzE

No comments: